home

Saturday 11 April 2015

13 Arts April Challenge

I stumbled across this blog the other day and man am I sure glad i did, so much inspiration.  April challenge mood board is right in my wheelhouse.  Check it out here 13arts

 how can a person not be inspired from this mood board,  I LOVE LOVE LOVE turquoise. In fact most of my pages have some sort of blue, teal or turquoise, even my son knows this is my favorite color.

I enjoy mood boards, i have always found sketches more challenging than mood boards.  A page has a way of taking on a life of its own and ends up moving way be on the sketch.





Like always i started with creating the background, as my scrapbooking moves into more mixed mediums creating a background is my favorite part.  Today i am using Junque Gypsy by Marion Smith, this paperline is FAB!  I can not express how FAB! it is.  I added images transfers from the same paper line.  Ink around the outer edges of image transfers in peacock then in vintage photo distress ink.  Next more layering, bubbles from stencils and outlined with back and some white.  After all that was completed I wanted the image transfer pop a little more so those got outlined with white.





Here is the finished page, these days i have been experimenting with chipboard and gesso.  I glue the chipboard on in random positions on the page, then paint with gesso, and dry brush gesso around the chipboard.  Kind of highlighting the chipboard but blending into the page at the same time.  Try it you will understand what the heck i am talking about.  Once the gesso is dry i paint using my finger with acrylic paint, i didn't paint solid but lightly in some areas and darker in others.  The final step is to add dark brown gelato along the edges.  Picture, rubons, metal and ta da the finish page.





Close up of chipboard- love this treatment i want to use for every layout but then i worry i am stuck in a box.  A silly worry but there it is.

Enjoy.  Looking forward to May Challenge.




5 comments:

  1. Very pretty page, thank you for joining 13arts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glenda, what a beautiful page you made! I love the use of stamps and the nice way you combined your favourite colour with the shades of brown! Thanks for joining us at 13 Arts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome page! thanks for joining us at 13 arts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Thanks for joining us at 13 arts!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete