I found a challenge section on Prima Marketing blog while i was looking for inspiration, and i though HELL YAH. here is the sketch
So this is where i started from...
and this is where i ended up. I always find i start with a sketch and good intentions to make it look like the sketch but then the page takes on a life of its own.
This month i have been all about creating backgrounds, which i love to do but it is like a catch 22. I spent so much time on the background then half of it end covered up. But like they say its not about the destination but the journey.
First i sprayed vanilla cardstock with color blooms. After i spray the color blooms i also spray with water to blend and remove harsh edges.
Allow to dry
I added texture with clear embossing paste and cell stencil
allow to dry
ink around embossing paste with vintage distress ink, then doddle around cell texture. I love doddling!!!!
once background is done i start building my page.
I used some old prima flowers i had, sprayed them with color bloom then painted them with art ingredients mic powder. It worked perfectly, now i have flowers that match my page color scheme.
added some metal hardware, these are my all time favorite embellishments from prima marketing.... and they no longer make them. So everytime i run across a package i snap it up, like all of them in the store. I believe these were a Finnabair product the ones i really liked with the clock works, super tiny metal embellishments. I use to use them on every scrapbook project but now i am hoarding. The question with hoarding is how long to hold onto them.
this mood board has so many things i love, robin egg blue, woodgrain, brown, fall leaves, water bubbles. HOW FUN!
started with vanilla cardstock and sprayed Prima Color Blooms in the corners- several shades. Once i have the color on i spray some water to remove all the harsh edges.
added some clear embossing paste in the corners with stencils
once the embossing paste is dry i inked around with vintage photo distress ink, makes the patterns pop. I love clear embossing paste, you get a pattern, and preserve the colors underneath.
i doodled around the pattern, makes it pop pop pop.
close of embossing paste and doodling
here is the finished project. All my other favorite came out to play- chipboard, metal, rub ons, plus pistachio distress paint. Then the best favorite- my kid playing in puddles at our farm in his all time favorite fashion- rubber boots.
The chipboard chicken wire, arrow, and journalling tab are designed by me. Check out my etsy store
i started with white cardstock, glue on the photo and added some color around photo. I overbrushed on the paint so they are no hard edges.
added some interest by adding cris cross marks by applying paint to the edge of my palette knife then to the paper. Used the same green and also added antique white.
added varied sized dots with colored modeling paste and stencils. Add chipboard around the photo, this is a new design of chipboard available on my etsy store, ragged edge.
Painted chipboard green.
(yes i know the picture is blurry) i added more color blocks with gelatos- teal. Love gelatos just add a little onto the page then spread it around. It smears super easy leaves no harsh edges and is translucent but not too translucent. Also added purple, and teal onto chipboard.
I added some doddling around the dots, or i tried but the one downfall of gelato it is super hard to use a marker on top of it.
The final page, finished with added words, Yesterday, Tomorrow, Today always smile. Then of course my usual go to- rub ons.
another close up!
I tend to make little vignettes on my pages and they always turn out to be my favorite parts.
i added the blue along the bottom and the pink and purple at the top. I used water and a paint brush to blend the colors. I wanted to leave some white so i didn't add color to the middle.
I colored some the metal embellishments seperately. I really liked how the color settled in the edges around embellishments and is darker. I left the number 8 more white with right a hint of color, makes it pop.
For the light bulb i used the rusty lime magical and painted it on with a brush with just a little water
I kept the little touches to a minimal so i wouldn't cover up the background and also left them plain since the background is bright. Love that the fairy wings are translucent for the whole there but not there look. Final touches was added doddling.
Just finished Top Hats & Moustaches Challenge over at SanDee`s Amelie`s Steampunk Challenge.
Now anyone who has every read anything of my blog (I know someone out there is reading right?) I love STEAMPUNK!!! FUN, FUnkY, IndUStRiaL, GrunGY,MECHAnicAL all my favorites. Here is my take step by step.
added paint spots with distress paint onto splat mat.
then i dragged a palette knife through and spirtz with water
dragged a size 10 tag through and heat set dry.
Once it was dry i sanded and inked with vintage photo distress ink
I used ray stencil and applied translucent embossing paste. Once it was dry i inked in between the rays with walnut distress ink and wiped off the excess from translucent rays.
This is one of my chipboard designs (soon to be on my etsy store for sale just got them in and still need to put up on my store site), i painted with black soot distress ink and allowed to dry. Once completely dry i sanded and ink exposed chipboard with vintage photo distress ink. I layered paper underneath of a world map.
I stamped my image with statz on black ink, and outlined inside and outside with white gel pen. Underneath is emphmera underneath with more top hats.
The final project with all the fun embellishments. All the work for the background tag and most of it is covered but thats what happens sometimes. HATS OFF!