home

Sunday 6 November 2016

Gypsy Girl

Another layout from the weekend, this album is just rolling out I am not struggling at all, of course since i wrote that i will now struggle.  lol  Here she is Gypsy Girl for Mixed Media Monthly.

Here is the mood board

Lots of movement, texture, layers and organic looking.  Do you know what i mean it just looks very free flowing.  I don't know what word i am looking for, hopefully you can read my mind.













I started with my tea stain paper, I love all the variations in color created with tea staining, I may have to start tea staining more paper all the time.  Apply peacock feathers distress paint through starburst stencil (I created the stencil with corel draw and cut with my silhouette)  Mix white acrylic paint with modelling paste apply through a checker stencil |(Yes again i cut with my silhouette)







I painted the checker in a black and white pattern, adding some stamping with black archival paint and texture stamps.  Next splatter Lindy's Kissin Kernickle Coral and crow's nest copper.  I also puddle on some crow nest copper, here is where you need to patience and let it dry.  I love puddling the color once it dries you get all these color variations and darker edges.
Doodled on some stars






Add photo cluster and pre cut textures.  I lightly distress and ink edges of pattern paper blocks. Once I have glued everything on I use a paint brush to apply color onto layers. I only glue in the center of paper blocks so i can tuck the texture elements in between all the layers.  Since i only glue in the center once i add the color onto photo cluster the paper curves and lifts which I love it gives the layout more movement.





Final touches are:  chipboard embossed with aged bronze embossing enamel,  white and black thread bunched together and around photo what i like to call my rat's nest, splatter with water downed white gesso.
















2 comments:

  1. oh wow, this is cool! Thank you for sharing with us at Mixed Media Monthly! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Love the tea stain and all the little details you added!! Thank you so much for planning with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete