home

Sunday 12 February 2017

Believe in Yourself

I have been trying to work on my art journal all weekend and I finally got the time!  Over at Mixed Media World  challenge #22 is anything goes Mixed Media.  
I started with a thin coat of gesso on my journal, glued down On Time Chipboard available at my Etsy Store.  Glue down some greenery vines (cut from my silhouette), sprinkle on art stones and mini art stones around On Time chipboard. Coated with gesso on top of collage.

Painted collage with paint brush and Lindy's Merci Beaucoup Mint, and Hatter Mint, Treasure Island Aqua. Once dry lightly dusted with white acrylic paint.

Close up of colors, the face is from the book i am using.


Add some embellishments, underneath picture frame is fishing line.  Outlined around paper vines with charcoal, and added some random stamping.


Add finishing touches, lightly dusted collage with Memory Hardware- clay, added some journalling then also wrote onto layout, added some drafting lines.

Wrapped some wire in circle frame for around clock face, added some champagne sparkles along clock face.
Picture frame, I zapped the fishing line with my embossing gun and it melted it  gives it a more distressed look.  Again added some champagne sparkles around frame.


More wire action.





Exciting news I have won Mixed Media World December Challenge for my winter birds.  yahh!

3 comments:

  1. I love the art journal page, it´s amazing.
    And congrats for your winter birds, so beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastical spread Glenda!
    Do you have any videos or in the process tutorials? I would love to watch you create! Just gorgeous!
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete