home

Wednesday 8 March 2017

Poppies

New art journal page, I did this one awhile ago.
I started by adhering dry tape on page, next add blobs of color in flower shape.  I tipped the page up vertically to add one drip for poppy stem.


Outline blobs to create poppies.

Add sky, here i colored around poppies with blue wax soluble crayons, paint with water to blend.  Add some random stamping with texture stamps and archival black ink.


Mix gold acrylic paint and modeling paste and apply through a stencil. Outline dry wall tape strips with black charcoal, blend/ smear with fingers.



Outline stencil with white gel pen, add some rub ons, add title outlined in charcoal.  In the center of poppies I added black micro beads actually looks like poppy seeds lol.


On the right hand side I added a scroll chipboard piece- ironwork scroll painted white add tag and picture.


Two pages together.

Really like the microbeads as flower centers.


I like the doodling effect, multiple lines and sketchy. I also really love stamping and getting variation in color dark and light.


The wax soluble crayons are fantastic, not a cheap purchase but well worth it.


Intricate details on Ironwork Scroll


I had a good run last month, won one challenge and got honorable mention for two others.

This one for honorable mention Goodnight moon over at Filigranki

And this one for honorable mention at 13arts


Here was my winner at Mixed Media World , now I get to be the guest designer at Mixed Media World for the month of March.  I am currently working on a new page but it seems my creative juices have flow out the window.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment