home

Saturday 7 October 2017

Geometric Travel

September has been a super busy month for my "real job", you know the job that pays the bills so that has not left much time for play.  I have been wanting to work on 2 new projects and finally yesterday - TIME

I started with creating 5 new stencil designs all available on my etsy store BoozyBear

Stencil #1
Map of the World



Stencil #2
Feather and Stars


Stencil #3
Splatter 


Stencil #4
More Splatters


Stencil #5
More MORE Splatters


The album size is 6" x 10", I started with pattern paper, used splatter stencil and distress ink, next dripple water on to ink splatter and dry.  It will create watermarks.


More splatters


Around edges apply rust paste, I like to use a baby wipe to pull rust color towards center.  Nice and grungy.


Color cheesecloth with Lindy's magicals, then rip and shred up.  I used magicals- rusty lantern lime, ponderosa pines olive, red hot poker orange.


This part was fun!!! I used Finnabair sculpture medium to shape cheesecloth.  This is the first time I used sculpture medium and I LOVE IT.  The medium allows you to create ridges, and direct where the cheesecloth goes.


Close up of cheesecloth texture.


The chipboard Surf the Wave (available on Etsy Store BoozyBear) was painted gold, then sanded, finally inked with ground espresso distress ink.  The distress ink will settle into the sanded portions and wipe off the gold paint.  It looks very grungy and old.  Next I made a template of star, in the five points added a brad.


I wrapped twine around brads in a star pattern.


The final page, I think this will be the cover but still deciding.


I sprinkled embossing enamel around chipboard then heat from the bottom to set.  Look at the cheesecloth LOVE IT.


Add some orange splatter, it needed a little bright color.


Add a title, I like to outline title with charcoal- again grungy.  Around the outside edge, rub on vintage gold wax.

I added microbeads in cheesecloth.  It all about the little details, and layers lots and lots of layers.

I have plan for my next double page but groceries first- apparently you need to feed your family lol.

















No comments:

Post a Comment